Thursday, February 20, 2014

July 4th in Boston 2013


Another July 4th Weekend in Boston! Because I honestly WEIRDLY enjoy Boston during this time. I'm too internationally-experienced to settle for Boston's basicness, but this weekend is always special to me here. Since a youngin', my mother would take both my brother and I to the celebrations on The Esplanade every year. It was customary for us. I haven't been for years, but working for DCR afforded me the opportunity to actually be involved in the festivity (therefore having premier access) this particular year. It was a dream come true. It was especially iconic this year because the year prior was the occurrence of the Boston Marathon killings. Security was top-notch, and scary. FBI, S.W.A.T., the army, every governmental security official you can think of was there. I was a manager for one of DCR's facilities and I firsthand observed all of the tight security action from that location. It was always like a movie to me, always. Later on in the night when it was showtime and everything went splendidly and smoothly, there was a big, silent, but heard sigh of relief mixed with excitement. Both my cousin and girl felt it too. The orchestra was everything their reputation lives up to be and no violence occurred whatsoever. Boston Pops sealed the deal. To me, they are what make the show special and the reason Boston attracts millions of people every year to the widely televised event. Boston will always be a favorite for July 4th. My hometown gets that W from me. Highly recommended.


July 4th at work 
#summerjob #collegedays #manager




Other July 4ths in Boston:
2011
2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment