Thursday, February 20, 2014

Atlantic City Carnival 2013


2013 was the year of my introduction to unfamiliar carnivals. They were all by far memorable, some better than others, but I treasure the experience always. Atlantic City, for example, is a fairly new carnival. To get straight to the point, it was very disorganized. Easily, by far, the most disorganized carnival I've seen individuals put together. The carnival was supposed to be on the Boardwalk as the previous year, but the "mayor" called it off due to the dangerously hot weather at the time, in fear of major heat heaves and heat exhaustion. Therefore, we had to celebrate carnival at the location of where all the carnival parties kept that weekend took place. I will say, we did make the best of it and I actually did have fun. That's how I always ensure my attitude is in debbie-downer situations: positive. I personally met Shurwayne Winchester and even in the midst of the disorganization, he managed to shut that ish down. I still don't know how, I just know I have a very memorable story from Atlantic City. The people I met, unforgettable and beneficial, the trip turned out to be life-changing. With a more carefully planned out carnival and a new and improved board to carry that out, Atlantic City has potential. I'm glad I got to experience it in its prime, I will be there when it has reached its full growth too.

@designzbylisa on Instagram, located in NYC


A little bit of gambling can't hurt prior nah could it.





Shelly, the talented designer of probably my favorite costume ever.


It was a very fun time in Atlantic City, un-regrettable, as always!

0 comments:

Post a Comment