Monday, September 26, 2011

Two Key Secrets To Excelling in Yoga!

For all of my yogees, I know you hear it all the time. For all of my non-yogees that are taking interest into the way of life, take heed! These two, very important, actions, are key elements if you're looking to do your absolute best in yoga.

1)BREATH 
AND
 2)STRETCH

Yoga is the best thing that has happened since sliced bread! Seriously, I always heard the hype. "It soothes your body." "It calms your mind." I have heard so much hoo-rah centralized around yoga that I finally got tired of it one day and had to try it.




I have a membership with my local YMCA and of course, I consider them the best. The have a workout room, pool, steam room, sauna, as well as an eclectic set of classes at my leisure. I never really attend any of the classes, just a few ab workouts. I decided to try out the yoga class that happened to be available on my days off from work over the summer.


After trying it my first time, I totally did not expect the resulting feeling, especially after only the first time. I thanked the instructor and she thanked me for coming, and always got excited to see me return. She was sweet, and she was also very good at what she did. After each class, I came out with a pacifying peace of mind, potent and flexible enough to comfortably enjoy swimming, treadmill, and my ab workouts rather than berating it. I've found that it's a great way to start off a day at the gym. Your mind and body is completely and totally relaxed in time for the works you're going to take up next.



I had to go back to New York for school, so it was a sad departure for me. However, I went to Walmart with my mom and got a big yoga pack that comes with the map, rope, ball, and a personal DVD and instructions. Now I'm able to do it right in my home, at any time I please. Yoga is something that I recommend for everybody, but  extremely recommend it for people who have a lot on their plate and stress out from time to time. This is a quick, healthy, and safe remedy for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment