Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Atlanta's 25th Annual Carnival



Bacchanal time again! This time the adventure was brought to Atlanta's 25th Annual Carnival, concurrent with Memorial Day Weekend. I have a few family members in ATL, and of course it is my first instinct to stay with family before seeking a hotel. Family presides everything, and it's more of an excuse for family time. So my girl, Terara, and I started off our fun Memorial Day Weekend by hitting Atlanta first. If it's not Vegas then it's down south. We linked up with my girl Amanda, also from Boston, when we went to go pick up our costumes from We Kinda Ting. Didn't know what to expect from a carnival I rarely heard anything about, but I was ready to embrace it with an open imagination as I always do. You know? Capitalize on FUN! Congratulations to We Kind Ting for taking up the Band of The Year title again!




One of many Jamaican plates my aunt had for us. 
The hospitality was amazing. My aunts were amazing.







Carnival time! 
Carnival prep.







Wukking up is always apart of carnival prep. 









And it was time to hit the road! 

Atlanta's carnival starts off on de road and ends off at a stadium, similar to Miami's.  













"Gyal bam bam badder dan di taliban!" ~Olatunji





Of course I must find the dancehall spot.







Aunty Marcia!




Had to experience nightlife!
This was just the Caribbean nightlife. 
Still have more to grasp, I know. 






That's it! Next stop for Memorial Day Weekend, Miami. 

And yes, I do recommend hitting up ATL for their carnival!


0 comments:

Post a Comment