Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Venice, Italy!


 
Another solo trip. Get used to these from me and I encourage you to try them every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, my first option for accompaniment in Venice would be with my love bug, soul mate, but he hasn't appeared or doesn't exist, yet, lol.

As soon as I arrived, I bought gelato and got a map! It was already time to start my adventure, no rest for the adventurous. There are NO cars in Italy, if there are, there are probably like 5 lol. Didn't see more than 2. Cars would never be able to really navigate through the small city. A boat is the normal means of transportation.

 

                                                                





Believe it or not I walked everywhere throughout Venice! Like OMFGOSH I would be so fit and right if I lived in this beautiful piece of history. Italy is so freaking dope. Why are Italians and their lifestyle and their swag and their territory just on a hundredtrillionbillion? Propsss form belllaaaa. Venice's lovely little small island had too many beautiful, surreal spots, including the cathedral below (St. Mark's Basilica).

 
 






I met up with a high school friend, Justin! He was already there to hang out with his paternal side. 








I met this fellow back-packer while spending time in Venice! I lost her contact info when I got my iPad stolen on a train ride back to Milan. I feel so bad because I promised I'd keep contact. I found her and her story so interesting, she's already been like half-way around the world. If someone reading this blog happens to know her or of her, miraculously lol, please tell her that the black girl she met at the Venice hostel is looking for her! I think she was from Australia or the Netherlands, I can't quite remember. I even took her with me when my friend directed us back to his place. She was cool! 




I had an incredible time in Venice. It was an important trip for me because my father said it was one of his favorite places. It became a favorite of mine before I even got there, and it turned out that my father's testimony wasn't even necessary. What I saw for my own two eyes was enough validation. Venice is a must-go, especially because it's rumored to be completely under water in a hundred years. If I heard correctly? Sad! I definitely plan to come back. Life-changing experience. Beauty found in every alley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment