Thursday, June 28, 2012

West Side Story

Although it's been years since I've watched this, I still remember the amazing set, scenes, and theatrics. The book set the stage for me before watching the musical on Broadway. Right after reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, I read West Side Story in order to make the correlation between both. It's a more modern version of Romeo & Juliet and the depiction on stage is marvelous. There's a lot of Spanish influence on the dancing, but don't underestimate the Americans. I cannot remember the names of the main characters, but what remains obvious are the 2 lovers' families fighting each other due to past feuds. It is truly the modern-day Romeo & Juliet refurbished for the modern-day eye. Great show and highly recommended for those that love a lot of dancing and drama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment