Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beloved!

Beloved by Toni Morrison. I read this book everywhere: in the gym, steam room, train. This book taught me life lessons as I read. I've always heard about this book for years and wasn't displeased after finally reading it. It takes you back into times when slavery was slowly disappearing in the aftermaths of the abolishment (I believe). Though the events in the book are rather ghostly, or not what we would find common today, the things that the characters say are morals and lessons we could all apply to life, regardless of what generation we are in. 

I go to the library for most of my books, especially for authors like my favorite, Rochelle Alers (where buying a few of her books is fine but ALL of her books would cost me a fortune). Some books are meant to be bought. This is one of them. It's very powerful.



0 comments:

Post a Comment