Thursday, January 23, 2014

NYC In NYE 2013


Another super fun time at home (NYC). I just came back from Europe about two weeks before and had no plans for NYE, so NYC it was again! I went home to Boston briefly for Christmas before NYE, and briefly after NYE before the new semester started, so I brought my cousin Michaella with me (not the one seen to the left of this). Shortly upon my arrival to the Apple, I traveled to the Bronx, to pick up my cousin Anna-K, another Rose, who was visiting from Jamaica again. We headed to the city to meet up with my friends in Soho for some shopping and fun. It was her first time finally seeing snow after all the times she's been here! I love being apart of magic moments!


Of course we hit Happy Ending on a Thursday. Usual rituals.


Feeling myself, burrr


We stayed at my aunt's. She always throws it down!





Le Poisson Rouge on a Friday

 
It was finally time for New Year's Eve Day (if that makes any sense). My cousin and I got dressed and headed to my in-laws for some family time before heading to the ball drop in Times Square. My little "sister-in-law" got one of her requested gifts for Christmas, that dance dance thingy game on the Wii lol. So we went in together like we always do! Owwww

 It was time to head to Times Square for my 2nd year at the ball drop! I would eventually return to Brooklyn (like I always do boo) for the extremely late (or early) after parties. "I'm from Brooklyn but I be everywhere comfortably." #lilkimtip ---- Sidetracking again. One of my good friends from Boston, Terara, was on her way on an express train right after work! My cousin and I met up with her at 34th St - Penn Station then we all headed to Times Square around 8-9 PM. Of course anybody used to the ball drop in NYC, the biggest NYE celebration in the world, knows that this is too late to get there if you want a good (free view)! So we didn't get a view (I haven't till this day) but we had a memorable time freezing in the cold amongst over a million people. Truly! Thank you Mother Nature MUAH! -_- But anytime in NYC is always a good time, and what better time than NYE!



Yes we toasted in the freezing cold lol! I wouldn't have it any other way. Cheers to 2013. Happy New Year!


We headed to Miss Lily's for the after party! It's imperative for me to include dancehall in my new year's eve party shenanigans.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment