Friday, July 1, 2011

Author, Oscar Wilde

Not a long post. Oscar Wilde is my favorite European writer. His whit is what charms me, even over 100 years after the fact. 


Recommended books: The Importance of Being Earnest, An Ideal Husband, A Woman of No Importance, Lady Windermere's Fan


His real life is also very interesting. Having sporadic involvements with men. Prison life. Seclusion. His work reflects his life.

Wilde's writing is the spunkier version of his peer-writers from his era. It's hilarious and he is the perfectionist of sarcasm. Everything he says is just as sarcastic as you would hear sarcasm today, except with very strong vocabulary (haha imagine). I found myself laughing a lot throughout his books and I also ended up writing down a lot of quotes. Interesting guy. Check him out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment