Friday, April 8, 2011

My Tips On Dental Care

The way you take care of your teeth is extremely important in having a healthy you. There was a time I went to my dentist and he told me that I had 6 CAVITIES. SIX. At first I thought, how is that even possible? I don't eat candy. I brush my teeth everyday. How did I even get a cavity in my front tooth? This was a problem. I had to do something, as in make a change now. My dentist told me of some suggestions, and now my teeth are feeling good and looking as white as ever. I'm here to share these suggestions with you.









1) Brush your teeth twice a day with REMBRANDT® DEEPLY WHITE™ + Peroxide Fresh Mint Toothpaste ($12). It really works with whitening your teeth. The taste is not the best, but in the end it has your teeth feeling clean and making progress with the whitening aspect.














2) Right after I'm done brushing my teeth, I floss. Some people floss once a week, some people don't floss at all. However,  I floss every night before going to bed. You'd be amazed to see the amount of food you'll find in your teeth after a day's work (if you're a lover of food like me). I use Johnson & Johnson Gentle Gum Care, Mint Woven Floss ($3).










3) Right after I'm finished with those two, I use ACT Fluoride Rinse and ACT Restoring Mouthwash ($6) to rinse out my mouth. I stopped using Listerine because it isn't as effective as ACT. ACT has fluoride in it which EVERY dentist recommends you consider when you're buying floss or mouthwash. You can also buy selected floss that has fluoride in it. Fluoride is what the dentists give you for mouthwash after a cleaning. Act strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay. The taste is minty, but still very strong. You also feel cleanliness in your mouth when you finish off with a rinse of this.










These are my three tips. Every product I've mentioned on here, I've used. There is no falsified information. The prices are approximate. They work for me, so now I'm passing on the advice to those that may have the same concern regarding their teeth. It's not an overnight process, but you will see improvements if you stick to the 3 aforementioned steps with dedication. My process took about 6 months.


Extra tips: If you want to focus more on whitening, I'd advise you to use the Rembrandt 2-Hour Whitening Kit ($19) or Crest® 3D Whitestrips ($16). They have both worked for me.






Xoxo, B


More of my entries on health:


1 comment: