Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Going Natural WITH Weave


 I must say, one of the worst things I could have ever done was perm my hair. I truly had a very unique type of hair. It would go from beautiful & natural curls, to Black Panther-afro, to silky-long, straightened hair. More sooner than later, what my mom forewarned eventually proved itself. My fair started to fall out because I thought  could take care of it just like I did when it was natural. Wrong! Perming your hair is so bad. All I could do was straighten my hair. The curls no longer showed and even though my hair was long, it was still thinning out. I had no choice but to cut it all off. It was time to begin a new and stick to NATURAL.

All natural hair

I started to get into the whole weave thing. At first, I was reluctant and always bad-mouthed extensions/weaves because I thought people were unknowngly hiding their true beauty. But then I discovered how wonderufl sewing in weave actually is. This past December 2011, I put weave in my hair, took it out in April and it grew SO MUCH. If you could see the different colors in my hair, you'll be able to see how much grew since December. I also colored it in December. So all of the black is new growth!

I now realize that weave is not bad at all. It is probably the quickest way (in my opinion) to grow your hair. I'm not a big fan of it in general, because it also means I have to take care of it (which I'm bad at), but at least you can style weave and look really awesome in it. I'm now 75% natural!


Try weave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment