Friday, July 6, 2012

Bianca Star's "Sexy in the City" 21st Birthday!





This was a day to remember. I couldn't have wanted anything better.


My coworkers surprised me with a massive birthday card, signed by themselves, teachers, and students on the morning of my birthday.

My plans were successful.
 

The first thing on the list was belly dancing! One of my best friends, Nancy, thought of the idea of doing some type of class. It was between pole dancing and belly dancing and I reluctantly chose the latter. It was a tight decision but I'll save the former for another birthday. I researched belly dancing companies in NYC, and I found Bellyqueen for reasonable prices. The hour class was enough to galvanize us into possibly taking more classes in the future.
 

We then headed to one of the most exhilarating restaurants in New York City. Featured in Sex and the City, Brasserie 8 1/2 was nothing but exceptional. Nancy & I met up with the birthday girl to be (Barbie) and headed here. Since Barbie's birthday was the next day, we usually celebrate together for a few outings. It's fair to say that we enjoyed the French cuisine, the service, and the decor.  




Barbie got me the most amazing card, that as she said "defines me" in every way. I loved B's gifts. I would be sitting on top of the world with a gorgeous, back-out dress.


It was only right for my first legal drink to be a Cosmopolitan (for my Sex and the City addicts). Cosmo on Barb!







And now for the finale!

It was time to head to 235th...


Where do I begin with this full-of-life, beautiful, NBC top-rated rooftop? My research skills won again, because I didn't know what I was in store for when selecting the 230 Fifth rooftop apart from other rooftops in NYC. I LOVED this place, and my girls did too. We reached there a half-hour before 12, so I could finish off my celebrations AND allow Barbie to ring hers in right! The staff were joyful and willing (always willing to bring an overflow of drinks and free shots for the birthday girls and company). They were so friendly that we all ended up taking shots together and conversing on various, random topics. With my 3 main NYC girls and enjoying the best of New York City, this was the best way to end off my 21st birthday. My first year of "being a woman" reflected in the classy celebrations I chose to enjoy for both me and my girls. I love you 3. Thanks for the best birthday ever.




 

 




 





Beautiful view of the Empire State.

Cheers to 21!

0 comments:

Post a Comment