Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Parade (New York Carnival) 2010




"We rock dem shades to di limit!"-Vybz Kartel




Spragga Benz


There was no such thing as sleep Labor Day Weekend. The night before Labor Day Parade, my girls and I went to BB Kings. What a blast we had. After dancing, loosening up, and socializing with our friends, we made our way to VIP to meet, greet, and interview a few Reggae artists. An abundance of artists were in attendance. Elephant Man, Gyptian, Kiprich, Shaggy, Spragga Benz, Ding Dong, and more all livened up B.B. Kings the night before Labor Day. The place was indeed rocking. 

In no time we were out of the club and it was already time to put on our costumes and meet up with the rest of our masqueraders for a 7am breakfast. The band we played mas with this year was called Sesame Flyers, the biggest and baddest in New York City. The designer of our section of Sesame Flyers, "Erotica", did a fantastic job. Her name is Carlene and she is a gorgeous Trinidadian. 

Carlene

Carnival photos..






It was a wonderful, and another memorable weekend! I don't know if I'll be able to play mas again next year, but I would do it all over again if I could. Thanks for reading, readers. Look out for my next carnival post on "Miami Carnival." We will be jumping!


0 comments:

Post a Comment