Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Musicals!

Musicals are my ALL time favorite types of movies. Gangster films come next. It all begun from my prime years. I was always into entertainment due to my dad's past occupation. As a result, dancing and music both became an infatuation of mine. Dancing, singing, acting, modeling, whatever it was, I wanted to do it all. With all four talents combined with my spontaneity, musicals became something I loved to watch and also participate in. 



Chicago is my favorite movie of all time! I have yet to see it on Broadway and what a wish that would be for me if it comes true. 

I. Cannot. Explain. How. Much. I. Love. This. Movie. In high school, I directed and played Catherine Zeta-Jones in my remake of the Cell Block Tango scene, along with 5 other fabulous girls that I don't regret choosing. Below you can find the scene cut out from the movie. This scene also happens to be my favorite scene from any movie of all time also.

Though I haven't had a chance to see Chicago there yet, I got a chance to see West Side Story on Broadway. It was absolutely lovely. I read the book, I watched the movie, I went as far back as the Romeo & Juliet book and movie also, and the musical production based on all came out magnificent. I definitely recommend this show to be seen. It is an awesome show. 


Grease is another favorite.

 "You're the one that I want! Wooo hoo hoooooo."


The quality of picture, the setting and time the movie took place, as well as Liza Minelli's excellency instantly made Cabaret a favorite of mine. 

Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella holds a special place in my heart when I think of my childhood. This movie always made me happy, and even now I get excited whenever it comes on TV.

One of my favorite scenes from this movie was when Whitney Houston sang Impossible to Brandy. It's cut off short, but that's all the more reason to watch the whole movie lol. Love. Love. Love. 


Lastly, is the most recent film out of all the above, Nine. I've recently added it to my collection of musicals and gangster films and I have not gotten tired of it. I have a major confession: I am in love with Guido myself!

By FAR, my favorite scene is Kate Hudson's scene. I lovelovelove Fergie's Be Italian, Marion Cotillard's My Husband Makes Movies, Penelope Cruz's A Call From The Vatican, and Sophia Lauren's Guarda La luna, but Kate Hudson's Cinema Italiano is my absolute favorite scene from the movie. Every time I listen to this on my iPad I swear I'm Kate Hudson lol. Here's a little preview. 

 Now you know of my obsession for musicals. If you haven't watched any of these on film nor on Broadway, I do suggest you do that fast because musicals are awesome.

Other film blog posts:


0 comments:

Post a Comment