Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Morocco, Africa!



Morocco!

I don't know what to say about this beautiful place. I still can't believe I made it to this continent when I thought it would take years for me to be able to afford to get to the motherland. Although I'm not done with Africa yet, Morocco was an amazing start. When living in Seville, it was much easier to travel to Africa because it's only 30 mins away from the south of Spain (by ferry). Amazing! Never thought I'd be on the Mediterranean waters traveling from one continent to another. I was told not to eat the food, so I didn't eat anything but McDonalds and the complimentary food out hotel offered us. But I admire the Moroccan culture. By the way, Hotel Continental is much recommended. Tanger was the exact location we were in.
  




We decided to go shopping! We got word from back in the States that we needed to rack up on scarves, perfumes, colognes, oils, jewelry and smoking instruments. We did just that! The markets in Tanger are ridiculously cheap. We LOVED IT. You think the bargaining on Canal Street is "bargaining"? Try Tanger. You will not be spending any unnecessary money if you don't want to. We met our first camel and we explored Tanger!







Our friends thought we were absoloutely crazy for going clubbing in a country where women are of a lower status than men, we even witnessed it for ourselves. We carefully dressed everywhere we went, especially to this cool sky lounge we noticed earlier in the day as we walked to the Moroccan streets. When we got there, we were shocked to see girls in dresses! But of course there were turists. We also notice that men dance way more than women. When we were there, some well-known Cambodian (I think it was Cambodia) sports team were there. They played lot of American and European music so we definietly enjoyed ourselves. It was also the only place we drank alcohol because alcohol is not something Moroccan people drink. It's not a good thing. A big cultural change!







And of course, the day came where it was time to accomplish a dream: ride camels! Not only did we get to enjoy that wonderful experience, but we got to see houses from Morocco's royalty, where the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean meets, as well as Hercules Cave! Amazing experience. I've discovered and learned things I never knew about. It was all a beauty!













 









I don't even have to recommend going to Morocco, much less Africa, do I? Lol.

1 comment: